I want Hipstamatic IN my DSLR…

<p>English is a living language, unlike some languages that have, from time to time, attempted to "freeze" the purity of their language in place -- The only language that has succeeded for so far is Latin, if you follow my reasoning here. Old Church Slavonic might qualify as well.</p>

<p><em>fewer</em> versus <em>less</em>, like using <em>contact</em> as a verb, is a battle that was lost long ago.</p>

<p>Frankly, I could care less. ;)</p>

<p>And, am I the only one here to note the fact that the OP's examples are <strong>not</strong> of classic film looks, but of the look of film that has been stored for many years in the cellar or attic under miserable conditions?<br>

I am thankful that none of my slides ever came back from Kodak or even Ansco (GAF) looking anything like these. It took some time for the image to get into that sort of shape, whether you like the effect or not.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>And, am I the only one here to note the fact that the OP's examples are <strong>not</strong> of classic film looks, but of the look of film that has been stored for many years in the cellar or attic under miserable conditions?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well, that never entered my mind. You make a damned good point. I suppose you could get that look from expired or abused film before it's exposed. Which is pretty much most of Lomography. It can look nice - even dreamy - if it's done well and carefully.</p>