Is the 18-250mm no longer produced?

andy_coach

<p>I made a mistake of lending my Tamron 18-250mm to my sister and she refuses to give it back. Looked at Amazon and the usual photo stores, not a copy to be had (Tamron or Pentax version). Have these been discontinued? I see a Sigma 18-200 available on Amazon but is that any good? I really miss having this focal range for my everyday carry-around kit.</p>

<p>I still have my DA18-250mm and still use it regularly. They stopped producing them for some reason. Tamron not longer makes one for Pentax but they make an 18-270mm for Canon, Nikon and Sony, but not Pentax. Go figure. The do make a 18-200mm though...<br>

Sigma makes an 18-250mm with OS (Optical Stabilization) for Pentax and the others so you might check there.</p>

<p>Presumeably Tamron will at some point re-introduce one of their updated superzooms in K-mount. They've been busy introducing optical stabilization and in-lens motors to their lineup. They always do Canon & Nikon first.<br>

They seem to be easy enough to find on e-bay as well. Perhaps your sister would be amenable to trading for a new Sigma.</p>