Advertising agreement?

jamesgysen

<p>Good day. I may just be slow but today I noticed for the first time that there were ads for Tiger Direct popping up. Does PNet have a "purchase-though" agreement where the site gets something like in the Adorama deal? Could be lucrative!</p>

<p>James.</p>

<p>Those are likely just banner ads coming in through the ad networks. We do not have any specific business deal with Tiger Direct at this time. Adorama is currently our partner and I encourage anyone who is looking to purchase photography gear to use the "store" tab above to purchase from them and help support photo.net.</p>

<p>As an aside, we are likely to see more non-photographic network banner ads for the near term simply because the holiday season is far heavier for direct ads (like those from Canon, Tamron, etc) than the post-holiday season. Things will ramp up again in the near future for our photographic industry partners. But for the moment, we're going to see more Tiger, netflix, american express, etc ads. These are all mainstream legitimate companies and should all be well within our standards as far as advertising goes (no audio, seizure inducing flashing, teeth whitening, etc). But if anyone sees anything that they feel is out of line, which sometimes happens, please let me know.</p>