Problems with a Leica screw adapter ?

dee_d

<p>I bought a Chinese made Leica screw adapter for my Panasonic G1 , mostly to use my 50s Summitar and Elmar and various Soviet lenses which won't focus properly on my Leica M8 [ no I am not made of money - it was a one off mad inheritance purchase , now adapted to use Russian Contax / Kiev rangefinder lenses ]<br>

The adapter has an inner , chrome ring into which the lens screws , which is fitted to the black aluminium outer bayonet by 4 grub screws - the idea being that the lens can be adjusted to be upright on the camera . However , though I works perfectly in terms of infinity focus etc , the inner ring became loose , and no amount of tightening of the screws would hold it in place . Eventually , the poor quality screws became burred .<br>

Not too much of a problem perhaps , until it came to rescuing my little CV 35mm f2.5 Color Scopar [ a perfect 70mm for me on 4/3rds ] - and I could not unscrew it ! Eventually , I managed to retrieve it , and returned the adapter for a refund of £20 .<br>

I am now awaiting an all aluminium version without the inner ring , which was half the cost , though I am a little apprehensive of infinity focus .<br>

Has anyone had this problem ?</p>

<div>00XxCq-316643584.jpg.c13e9c3c7cba8073f58c409492d2b16d.jpg</div>