Intervalometer for D7000

dbcooper

<p>I've been happily using a Nikon MC-36 intervalometer/timer/release with a D200 and a D700. I ordered a D7000 yesterday. The D7000 obviously hasn't got a 10-pin connector, and Nikon doesn't seem to make a cable adapter or a release for it comparable to the MC-36. I prefer using an external unit to menu-diving in the camera. I searched the forum and didn't turn up anything useful. Does anyone know of a workaround or a decent 3rd-party intervalometer/timer/release for the D7000?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The camera already has this feature. Why jury rig some unnecessary, pseudo third party solution?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The D200 and D700 both have internal intervalometers, and they also both have shutter buttons and self-timers. I know how to use those features. I prefer to use the MC-36 at times, like with a tripod. I'm trying to gain MC-36 functionality for a D7000, and Nikon doesn't make anything to do that with (that I can find). Is that concept really so hard to grasp? Was my OP unclear?</p>

<p>D.B.<br>

You're perfectly clear to me, and since I like to use the MC36 too for my D300, i totally understand what you like about it..<br>

I guess your best bet would be an adapter cable of some sorts, that connects your MC-36 to the D7000 ...<br>

I'm just not sure what connection is used by the D7000 so its hard to look for that one, but i guess that there must be an adapter for 10-pin somewhere available..</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<p>Hello there! I'm in the same situation but I have found 2 solutions.</p>

<p>There is a remote out there that will fit about any camera on the market. You can get it for 329$ + 19$ for an extra cable made for your D7000 (N90). I know it is a bit expensive but I'm looking to get one for myself. It allows you to do single shoot, HDR, long exposure and time-lapse. Check it out here : <a href="http://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html">http://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html</a></p>

<p>There is another option that you can be interested in. It is cheaper too (about 75$). Be sure to select the DC2 type cable if you buy that one. Go on ebay and look for "Time Lapse Photography Timer - Intervalometer for DSLR". You'll propably get only one entry.</p>

<p>Good luck</p>

• 1 year later...

<p>There's a real cheap solution now: an adapter cable that converts the MC-36 to MC-DC2 - its about $10 and gives you continued use from your expensive Nikon MC-36 intervalometer. Of course Nikon didn't have the foresight to come up with this adapter, they'd like you to buy a whole new intervalometer. Some guys in China did. Here's an example:<br>

Search for MC-30 (female of MC-36 ten pin plug) to MC-DC2, there's loads of them.<br>

Cheers Rick</p>