Christmas goodies

revolver

<p>Not to say that there could not be something wrong with the camera, but these companies (at least the major ones) don't stay in business by providing cameras that won't "take good pictures at all."</p>

<p>My suggestion is to really study the instructions carefully to see if that doesn't help.</p>

<p>Also, how are you judging the pictures? On the play back on the camera? If so, that's not likely to give you more than a hint of what the picture would look like loaded into an image-editing program or display program.</p>

<p>If you're loading them into Photoshop or something similar and looking at them at 100% view on the screen, at that extent of 'blow-up' not even the most expensive lens and camera is going to look crisp and sharp unless it's been way oversharpened in the camera or display software.</p>

<p>JDM<br>

"but these companies (at least the major ones) don't stay in business by providing cameras that won't "take good pictures at all."<br>

I know, thats what perplexes me. I have a K1000 and a K100D. I will be getting a K-x soon so I am pretty familiar with Pentax and the quality of their products.</p>

<p>I judging the pictures by what I am seeing on the computer screen straight out of the camera, no enlarging, no post processing, nothing.<br>

Obviously the image quality between the K100 and the I-10 is going to be wildly different but literally all but 1 picture came out either blurry or poorly focused.<br>

the one that did come out good was at 1/125 F5.6. no way to manually adjust the app and speed in this camera the rest of the shots were 1/50 and I did (first time I had to with a Pentax product) look through the user manual, which for the camera, was pretty extensive.<br>

I am no casting aspersions on the camera and brand but I was just shocked how bad it is.<br>

all of the pictures were either blurry, out of focus around the subject, objects around the subject were even worse.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Xuyc-314729584.thumb.jpg.9652d7582326931f5886f67406c6e875.jpg</div>

<p>Matthew,</p>

<p>I know. I said that these are 2 wildly different cameras and in no way and I making a comparison.</p>

<p>the only picture that came out good with the I10 was an outdoor shot. indoors within 6 feet werent very good either.<br>

I am just pretty surprised at the results with the P&S especially being a Pentax camera. I cannot use a camera that can only be used under certain circumstances. my Wifes Canon is1400 works great inside and out</p>

<p>I wonder if used to the weight of your DSLRs you are not taking care with the smaller camera. If you want to really check if it 'works' then you properly support tha camera, use the 10 second delay release, and don't touch the camera after pressing the trigger. Taking a series of handheld snapshots is hardly either a proper way to take shots or fair to the camera when you are going to compare results to its big brothers.<br>

My cellphone is a cute little thing but I have to take great care to get reasonable results from it. As too my old Nikon 5700 and Canon s20. Whereas my FZ50 is similar to my Canon D60, and both will tolerate some carelessness on my part. <br>

I also believe that from a serious photographer's point of view it is essential that one uses one's editor and post process properly to get good results when using the more basic cameras.</p>

<p>Looking at the pictures, I wonder what ISO they were shot at? These look like what I get with really high ISOs and some of the problem looks like high noise to me. Have you tried it outdoors, and does it have the same problems there?<br>

I don't know your model, but even my former (my daughter has it now), old Canon Powershot had some higher ISO settings that were better than no picture at all, but not a whole lot, if you take my meaning.</p>

<p>JC,</p>

<p>I do not think that I am too used to the DSLR. I use a Kodak Z612 more for everyday shots than the Pentax. good point but in this case I cannot agree. just like shooting a gun. I have a .44 magnum (DSLR) and a .38 chiefs special(compact P&S) and a few in between. I understand the differences and make adjustments.<br>

" Taking a series of handheld snapshots is hardly either a proper way to take shots or fair to the camera when you are going to compare results to its big brother"</p>

<p>I didnt compare them, in fact I think I said I know they are wildly different.<br>

not sure I follow why handheld shots are not appropriate but unless I am shooting long range I rarely use a tri or monopod</p>

<p>JDM,</p>

<p>800 was what the data showed on most of the pictures for the ISO</p>

<div>00Xv8q-314857584.thumb.jpg.48064152c25d09b3b445a6e74596fb13.jpg</div>

<p>JDM,</p>

<p>no one around here carries Pentax products. anytime I go into a store and ask most people look at me like I have 2 heads....lol</p>

<p>anyway, I set the ISO for 200 in the menu and the 3 shots I took so far look a little better. I am charging the battery now and will try some other photos later and see what happens. <br>

JC might be on to something though. being that I shoot with bigger cameras and have no real experience with compacts it might be me and not the camera.<br>

more to come :)</p>

<p>ok guys here we go.</p>

<p>I set the ISO to 200 and am using priority mode, supermacro and snow settings.</p>

<p>the results are much better.</p>

<p>thanks for the tips.<br>

I have to keep in mind its a 110 dollar supercompact camera and is only going to be capable of so much.</p>

<p>thanks again for your time and patience.<br>

here are a few resized pictures to show how well it works when used in certain settings</p><div>00XvYi-315151584.thumb.jpg.8a8c09fda833387a8ddf985ce819c368.jpg</div>