ef 35 L f1.4 to EF 24-70mm L f2.8

pekka_s

<p>My older brother, back in 1978 during the height of the oil crisis, made an even swap of his awesomely tricked-out Chevy Camero Super Sport with an ugly Volkswagen Bug, because of the gas mileage. I thought he was crazy, but he saw more value in the little Bug. The two cars are not a direct comparison to the two lenses - I haven't used the 35L, but I've used many of the L series lenses including the 24-70 - but rather, the idea of which item is more useful(therefore, more valuable) to the person. Good luck!</p>

<p>They're both true professional-quality lenses, but they serve different purposes. How often, while shooting with the 35, do you find yourself wishing it wasn't a 35, but rather some other lens in the 24-70 range? And how often, while shooting with the 35, do you find yourself using it in the f/1.4-f/2.8 range? Obviously, the first question is about what you'd gain by making this swap, and the second is about what you'd lose. Only you can answer those questions, since they're about how <em>you</em> shoot, and the decision about this swap should be made based on how you shoot.</p>