Pentax I-10

revolver

<p>Just got one for Christmas from my wonderful wife.</p>

<p>at first I thought it was no good but I took the ISO off Auto set it to 200 and what a great little camera.<br>

limited by its size obviously but today I walked around with it in my jacket pocket and felt so liberated. No gear bag to lug around!</p>

<p>it takes nice crisp shots and has a great super macro mode. for a 100 bucks or so all you Pentaxians should have one in your bag for fun.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Nice...now you see why I was so pumped about the Samsung TL500/EX1, having something you don't really have to debate carrying around is really nice. Even if your hands prefer a bigger camera, it's not always practical.</p>

<p>I definitely think everyone should own a quality compact these days. There are just too many times when an SLR isn't appropriate for various reasons, and while the ILC/EVILs are smaller they are still almost (compact) SLR sized when the lens/flash is factored in!</p>

<p>Anyway, glad to hear the I-10 is more than just eye candy with the retro looks!</p>

<p>"now you see why I was so pumped about the Samsung TL500/EX1, having something you don't really have to debate carrying around is really nice. Even if your hands prefer a bigger camera, it's not always practical."</p>

<p>Absolutely.</p>

<p>I knew why you were pumped I just couldnt find anything that tickled me. I just didnt feel that G10 and the Canon G12.</p>

<p>While the I-10 is not on the level of the TL 500 or Javier's LX 5 and the like, I have been having fun the last few days just snapping pictures from a camera I can just pull out of a pocket. Its not much bigger than my IPod and its Pentax and its so damn cute.....</p>

<p>Did you see the news on the "coming soon" Fuji finepix X100?</p>

<p><a href="http://www.finepix-x100.com/">http://www.finepix-x100.com/</a></p>

<p>Javier, Justin</p>

<p>109 bucks on Amazon you guys can afford that! lol</p>

<p>I only have a few shots with it so far. all the "bad" ones before I set the ISO are gone so bare with me. some of these are macros and some are just snaps. not trying to win a photo journalism contest with this camera</p>

<p> </p><div>00XwOO-315949584.jpg.3072e4f69cd5ca387483dd95e32e0a22.jpg</div>

<p>the snow plows broke my mailbox post AGAIN. you can see that box has taken some abouse and its why I havent replaced it yet....lol</p>

<p>this spring I have to replace it. My Son called it a Ghetto repair. what he doesnt know id I actually tried some duct tape first and just couldnt...lol</p><div>00XwOd-315959584.jpg.26a3d05225225aac3ee344b8a55596d2.jpg</div>

<p>Like I said, no awards with this camera but what fun to have a camera that is about the size in height and width of an iPod classic but a bit thicker that you can throw in a pocket and just whip out for a silly picture.</p>

<p>the Super macro is going to prove very useful especially with my job. we document a lot of things to help others and to build a Database.<br>

no one has ever given me any problems when photographing things in my field but this is even less intrusive and takes good shots within 6 feet of a subject</p>

<p>Oh so heres a laugh for you guys.</p>

<p>I have been asked to teach a Photography class in Ohio next April.<br>

Photography in a sense. I dont think Ill be teaching in the classic sense but more so in documentation methods. I have put together a few power points and documented some procedures in relation to my field of expertise and they have gotten high praise from people in upper upper Upper management which I thought to myself thanks but ....I just shot that in auto and 1mp with a Kodak so the email wouldnt take so long to send! lol</p>

<p>initially I said no because I become very tense, tremble, sweat profusely and start to loose my voice and babble when speaking in front of a group of people. in a room of 5 people you cant get me to shut up but that podium setting and looking at blank faces freaks me out</p>

<p>Chris -</p>

<ul>

<li>Look for 5 friendly faces in the audience and speak to them - they should be different distances and different places in the room. </li>

<li>Don't forget to breathe. </li>

<li>The number of mp doesn't matter if the picture illustrates the point well. Who said "the worst thing is a sharp photograph of a fuzzy idea".</li>

<li>The type size should be no less than 24-36pt depending on the size of the room.</li>

<li>Don't read your slides - have handouts- your presentation should be more than what's on the slide. Slide should only contain main points.</li>

<li>Have a human spell check the presentation - Bill Gates can bearly spell. OMG he got that right!!(There was a squiggly line under bearly)</li>

</ul>

<ul>

<li>Enjoy yourself! You're the expert! There won't be blank faces - you are speaking to their interests and livelihoods.</li>

</ul>

<p>I used to teach anxiety reduction and was once a shy person who learned to do public speaking.</p>

<p>Howard,</p>

<p>thanks for the tips. </p>

<p>While I am certainly not shy the anxiety part of being in front of a room is really weird. <br>

I have been around Movie Stars, Music legends,Dignitaries and bums never at a loss for a quick story or witty comeback. I find it very confusing that I become the blithering mess I do when placed at a podium</p>

<p>lol</p>