Wish there was a small nikon slr with the AF motor :-/

alvinyap

<p>Yeah, that A55 is nice, and smaller and lighter than these Nikons that fit your criteria, but you didn't say anything about having Minolta lenses you'd want to use on a DSLR, so. Within the Nikon system, the smallest <strong>D</strong>SLRs with in-body focus motors are the D90 and the others that are the same size as the D90. (The D7000 is almost exactly the same size as the D90 and 10% heavier because there's more metal in it; the D80 is the same size and slightly lighter because there's less awesome in it.) The F75 technically does answer the original question by being an SLR that's absurdly small and light, with a focus motor...</p>

<p>Hi everyone!<br>

@Leslie: I've not used my AF minoltas in a while, only using my X700.<br>

@Alex: Mainly it does not do what I want it to do, also I'm a little resistant about using two camera systems. I must say, I almost pulled the trigger after reading this article: <a href="http://craigmod.com/journal/gf1-fieldtest/">16 days in the himalayas</a>. That said, I've only tested it in the shops, if I actually bought it I may love it for what it is.<br>

@John: The kind of odd person like myself that uses tonnage instead of kg to describe my weight :)</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Just to conclude this thread: I've deemed the D90 not a big enough jump in terms of weight to consider, and really I think those focal lengths I want to use are just not available for the D3100. I've finally made up my mind after considering the opinions in this thread, and actually bought a Panasonic LX5. 24mm/F2, in a compact package for carrying around. I've no choice but to "give up" on dynamic range etc. but I'll see how it goes for day to day walkaround :)</p>

<p>Cheers all!<br>

<br />Alvin</p>