Adobe Camera Raw - Premiere's Version the Same As Photoshop CS5?

<p>Does anyone know if the version of Adobe Camera Raw that is included in Adobe Photoshop Elements (latest version) is the exact same version as the one in Adobe CS5? I have to upgrade to a version of ACR that works with the Canon G12 but I really am not inspired to upgrade from CS4 to CS5. It would be a lot cheaper to just go with Photoshop Elements IF the ACR plug-in is exactly the same AND can work with CS4. If anyone knows for_sure about this, please post. I called Adobe and after 20 minutes of wasted time they still couldn't confirm one way or another if it was the same version (I didn't even try to ask about CS4 compatibility).</p>

<p>>>AND can work with CS4<<<br>

Even though the sales support people didn't tell me this, I am thinking you would still have to run the latest version of ACR through elements and not CS4. Otherwise, it would seem you could just download the latest version of ACR from the website and run that through CS4 (which we know you can't).<br>

I am still curious whether ACR for Elements 9 (the latest) is the same program/has the same feature set as ACR for CS5 though or if it is a stripped down version.</p>

<p>1. ACR 6.x supports the newest digital cameras' raw file formats (no need to convert to DNG and use an older ACR)<br>

2. "[The ACR 6.x] plug-in has been frequently updated to support more cameras and include more features and is available as part of Adobe Photoshop CS5. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® software is built upon the same powerful raw processing technology that is available in the Camera Raw plug-in."<br>

3. Better noise reduction filters<br>

4. Better Lens corrections<br>

A few more:</p>

<p>5. "The algorithms for this new "demosaicing" process allows Adobe Camera Raw 6 to achieve sharper, cleaner detail while also dramatically reducing noise in high ISO images. This quality boost would be worth the price of upgrade alone."<br>

6. "The ACR team has also added new improved blending options for the Post-Crop Vignette feature and also the ability to add a simulated "grain" back into images to obtain a range of traditional film looks."</p>

<p>Undoubtedly I've missed an important new upgrade or features. I've been using ACR daily (and every single new version since PS CS2) and have never been disappointed in the latest and greatest ACR.</p>