Can Imageprint RIP be used for Print Proofing?

<p>I am planning CMYK conversion of about 400 photos (large and small) for a book of mine. Encouraged by posts on this forum I am about to buy an Epson 3880 printer and looking for a suitable RIP. The RIP is necessary, according to Andrew, if one wishes to proof the book pages, with the pictures included, that I am preparing in InDesign and transferring to Adobe PDF files.</p>

<p>When looking at reviews of RIPs, the Imageprint RIP appears quite attractive in price, but in particular since it is providing profiles for all papers without cost. My question now is, whether this RIP would be suitable to proof my book pages from InDesign and which proofing papers you would you recommend for use in that context. The profile I am using for the CMYK conversion is Coated Fogra 39 (Photoshop's version).</p>

<p>I’d get the ColorBurst RIP (which may be bundled with that 3880, not sure, it is with the higher end units). Its designed specifically for this kind of CMYK workflow. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)