"edit in photoshop" not available in lightroom

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I am having a little problem with Lightroom and hope somebody can help me out here. Sorry for the lengthy post in advance, I just want to make clear what my problem is and how I started having it.</p>

<p>I had PSCS4 installed on my computer when I installed Lightroom 3. I had to set up Photoshop as an external editor because of a problem described in this thread: <a href="http://forums.adobe.com/message/2883804#2883804">http://forums.adobe.com/message/2883804#2883804</a><br>

So when I right clicked a file in Lightroom, I had the option to "Edit in Photoshop", and right below that another "Edit in Photoshop.exe" for the external editor that I set up. Both of them opened the image in PSCS4, but the latter one had all the adjustments that I had applied in Lightroom.</p>

<p>Then I decided I would try PSCS5, and installed that. So for a while I had both CS4 and CS5 installed on my computer, and had no issues with it. I still had an "Edit in Photoshop" command, which would now open the file in PSCS5, and an "Edit in Photoshop.exe" under that, which I had set up earlier, and would open the file in PSCS4. Fine.</p>

<p>Then after a couple of weeks I uninstalled my PSCS4. So now I only have CS5 on my computer. What I did not expect was that the "Edit in Photoshop", which would open the image in CS5 is now grayed out and not available. "Edit in Photoshop.exe", which used to open the file in CS4 is still available, but does not do anything, since CS4 is uninstalled. All the other options that would open the file in CS5 (open as smart object, merge to panorama etc.) are also grayed out and unavailable. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling Lightroom? Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>LR creates an invisible link between the two. It initially scanned your HD and saw CS4 and did the link that way. When you upgraded, it was the operating system which guided LR to CS5, but it did that VIA the previously established CS4 link. Now you took out CS4, the link was erased as well. You might need to reinstall LR - that however will not affect either your preferences or your library...</p>

<p>As Homer said, the key is re-installing Photoshop (not Lightroom) so it now sees that you have the later version. You do not need to mess with LR at all, just reinstall Photoshop.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)