Kuwait DSLR Camera Ban Now in Effect

<p>http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news.php?newsid=MzAwMTg4ODg1</p>

<p>It looks like an official response to ease peoples' fears and help them get along. I'd be careful about projecting or extrapolating too many ideas from this one report; and, I think that being judgmental would be likely to be counterproductive. Many of the generalizations I'd heard about the Middle East proved to be completely useless in practice. A smile and a handshake and a day's work between men can fix a lot. I'd recommend proceeding with confidence.</p>

<p>I used to get C41 processed in Saudi Arabia. You can buy computers and cameras in many bazaars in the Middle East. My gut feeling is that it's more likely that they just don't want people to be rude with cameras.</p>

<p>I'd bet on smiles, handshakes, self-confidence and a day's work. Lecturing these guys on why they're wrong is not going to work. Academic arguments that end in condemnation won't get things going in the right direction. Brotherhood is more persuasive.</p>

<p>Same-same as the rest of the guys you know.</p>

<p>I think it's wonderful! I am sick of being made to feel inferior by all those macho folks dragging their long lensed Canons and Nikons. Now I would fit right in with my Digicam. The next problem for me is I adore women. Imagine being in a place where they are all covered up!<br>

Security is fine. The UK has all these draconian rules and horrid searches starting at the Heathrow.France and their "public privacy" laws. It's really simple to get around, spend your cash and time somewhere else!<br>

Safety in reality is what the powers in charge make it.. Some of us think 9/11 has major questions. I lived in a country with all these rules and safeguards. Today the former "terrorists" aka "freedom fighters" are the government.<br>

Anyway with my former press and journalism credentials, I doubt I'd be allowed in. Not that I'd go!</p>