Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #46

Matt Laur

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>

<p>Quick aside to Shun: since you've been testing and briefly commenting on the D7000 -- my monitor is showing faint magenta/purple streaks running down the image vertically in the upper left quadrant, from the top. Is is just my monitor, or what's up with that?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That is reflection of vegitation behind the stilt.</p>

<p>Firstly, I want to thank Doug, Jamie and Chris for my panning picture from a couple of weeks ago. I appreciate the comments specifically but also that you take the time every week to comment on submissions.<br>

My submission this week is a shameless copying of the style of Hiroshi Sugimoto in his architecture photos. As far as I can read, he uses his view camera without an infinity stop on the lens and focuses at 2x infinity. Since I can't do that I've focussed in front of the building to see if I can get the same effect. It doesn't quite work as the the top of the building is more blurred than the bottom. Post processed in Lightroom.</p><div>00XhFd-302989584.jpg.e88067656da8b95813d41c28c61f5b46.jpg</div>

<p> I was invited to take pics at a cowboy match last Sat. All ages of men and women and a 10 year old competed shooting pre-1900 rifles,pistols and shotguns. They shoot all sizes of metal targets and are timed to see who can shoot the fastest. They are all dressed the pre-1900 cowboy gear. They looked like the a bunch of desperado's. Lots of action to capture. The lighting was very poor except for a hole in the roof that would shine right across everyone's body. As they ran from station to station the lighting changed. I had alot of fun trying to compensate for the sunlight. Nikon D3, Nikon 24-120 3.5, 120mm, F/5.6, 1/800 sec, ISO 3200, EC + 0.7 step.</p><div>00XhHq-303021584.jpg.5bc2f6f14a07ed33e241c33b8dbcdf75.jpg</div>

<p>Good Morning and happy Wednesday to everyone. I was looking around on KEH.com recently for an older model SLR that would meter with my old manual focus lenses. The F2's and F3's and such were all a little out of my price range, but I did come across an old N2000 for only $15 and decided to give it a whirl. I took it out last Friday and shot my first roll of film in about 4 years or so. I really enjoyed using the split image viewfinder with the old lenses. It was nice having to slow down and actually think about what I was doing. However, I still don't enjoy scanning negatives. Here's my favorite from that roll.</p>

<p>Hope everyone has a great day!</p><div>00XhHz-303025584.jpg.e27ac1c3bc956128fa79ab715fa39770.jpg</div>

<p>I haven't been able to shoot anything new for the past couple of weeks, so I decided to post a shot that I was doing some post process work on the other day. This was taken in early October, trying to catch the late blooming flowers, before they disappeared. Matt, I love your cowboy themed start!!</p><div>00XhIS-303035684.jpg.1e6a206ca43c6a6c6208aea510566242.jpg</div>

<p>Really great entries so far...Elliot, priceless expressions on both the ref and player's faces. That sure looks like it smarted.</p>

<p>I was driving around photoing, taking a shot here and there and it started to drizzle. So I packed up and on my way home, I stopped off at this old cemetery. I saw this crow on this grave marker...I shot it quickly and out of my passenger window. Thought it was symbolic and the timing was perfect...in a sort of non-contrived way :)</p><div>00XhIe-303041584.jpg.57d99fb39f5a97457d86f479eac10cbc.jpg</div>