I Need A Stock Photo Type Web Site

dave_mccoll

<p>Hello, I have been shooting high school sports for almost 10 years and post shots on my site (a lot of them get pirated and end up on Facebook). Up to now when someone wants to buy shots, they have to come to my office, review the shots and choose the ones they like. I then burn them on CD and collect my fee. Any suggestions on a web template provider that I can use. I would like to avoid the appointments and use an online shopping cart and something like Paypal. The people would pick the shots they want while looking at my site (prints or electronic files) and I would then send them to the customer once payment is cleared.</p>

<p>I have been looking at Photobiz and would like some advice. Thanks,</p>

<p>Dave McColl</p>

<p>Smugmug.com Look at their pro offerings. Watermark what's viewed online, you control what size gets viewed online. You get to choose the layout, put your branding on the site, remove all Smugmugs branding. You get to decide how big it can print, what the prints cost, what's printed on the back, weather or not it's downloadable/sharable, wheather or not it's a password protected gallery/open to all/open yet not listed so sort of hidden, etc...</p>

<p>The site works with all major browsers, no iPhone blackouts, no iPad "sorry content unavailable". The people are great to work with, email them at 10 at night and get a reply back <strong>with an actual fix to your problem</strong> before you're awake in the morning. They have two printing services, Bay Photo and EZ Prints, you choose which one to go with or just use them as a shopping cart and print your own or with another printer. Color correction is offered but not required nor upsold.</p>

<p>In short you should at least consider them. I think they're great.</p>

<p>I used to be with SmugMug and the only reason I left is that I found out Websense (A website blocking program widely used by businesses and governments) views smugmug sites as 'personal data storage' and therefore blocks the content. Although I am in agreement that people at work should be working, the reality is many people look at my site from work. I want them to be able to see it. Not get a message from websense stating that my site is blocked. Therefore, I went with Photoreflect.com. Basically the same service as smugmug, but websense doesn't block it. Hope that helps.</p>

<p>I use and recommend Zenfolio.com, which has customizable templates and a shopping cart. I used to use Smugmug, but got discouraged by their frequent downtimes. If you decide to go with Zenfolio (they have a free trial period), my referral code is DUQ-C5J-MB8.</p>

<p>You might want to consider RightsPro. No storage fees as you can keep your images on your website or on a site like Flickr. The licesne and fees are determined by you and best of all you keep something like 90% of the transaction price. They also work with copyright enforcement. www.Rightspro.com will give you more information than I can.</p>

<p>I second the Zenfolio recommendation. I use <a href="http://harrington.zenfolio.com/"><strong>Zenfolio to sell prints of my photography</strong></a>. My Zenfolio refferal code is: C23-PXF-7P8 </p>

<p>However, I make more money off <strong><a href="../photodb/member-photos?user_id=215599">stock photo sales</a> </strong>from my images found here on photo.net Many buyers search Google images for the photos they seek. Since photo.net has "photo" as the domain name, that helps a bit.</p>

<p>Zenfolio and BetterPhoto.com I have my own personal website selling Fine Art-Nature prints using BetterPhoto. Im very pleased with them. I dropped SmugBug a long time ago for many reasons. You will need to hire a professional web designer to further advance the look you desire on Smug which requires experience in HTML and all that graphics stuff (not my deal at all) They suck you in with the price, then send you to one of their "experienced Smug Mug website designers" once you have problems with the design and setup. For only an additional $400.00 you can get the help you need in about 6 weeks. (how exciting) Oh yea, how can I forget. They have a pricing page set up for you with no less than about 150 size options, which you MUST either enter the cost per print you desire on the PRO site or change it to all $0.00 for sizes not desired. Very time consuming! Especially when you see how the printing labs they use decide for you how a 4x4 will be cropped from the image you uploaded.</p>

<p>At BP, you simply create your own sales options and menu, create sizes that dont crop the image and be done with it.</p>