Current 35mm Negative Scanning Service Recommendations?

john_h.1

<p>Does anyone have recommendations for sending out 35mm color and B&W negative (not transparencies) film scanning? While price is a relative factor, quality is important. Also important is safe handling of negative strips ie. no fingerprints, cutting, ripping, bending, losing ect. Turn around time is of interest if all else is equal but secondary to quality and safe negative handling. Any suggestions or considerations?</p>

<p>I feel your pain John. I just scanned negatives for the first time in several years today. It took forever (It didn't help that I had to use my girlfriend's old XP machine for scanning and then move to my computer for processing because my old flatbed is incompatible with Windows 7.) Now I remember why I wanted to move to digital. If I could afford it, I'd send my negs out for scanning too.</p>

<p>Greetings John,</p>

<p>Might I suggest Moonphoto in Seattle. One of the last quality labs left there. I have used them for high resolution scanning and color printing. I have no complaints.</p>

<p>Some of their work is impressive. Though not stated, they have been scanning the glass plate negative collection of NOAA. A sepia print of one I saw was fabulous. I believe they use a Noritsu scanner.</p>

<p>Run a test with them and see if you like their output.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.moonphotolab.com/co_profile.htm">http://www.moonphotolab.com/co_profile.htm</a></p>

<p>CHEERS...Mathew</p>

<p>I did Robert and, in fact, I plan to send a batch of slides to check out Jim's services which are marketed for scanning slides/transparencies. My question was about negative scanning services however. I'll ask him about scanning negatives or if there are recommendations for others that do that.</p>

<p>Well John, I hope you find what you need from one of the companies. Good things cost money and I do not hesitate to spend it when I want the best work for a finished item.</p>

<p>How about letting us know how it worked out for you?</p>

<p>CHEERS...Mathew</p>