Konica FT1 help needed

<p>Hi I have 4 konica FT1's in my collection. <br /><br />They have been sitting for a while. Today I tried to fire one of them. The motor works, however when I depress the shutter I have to wait several seconds before I can take the next photo. LEDs does not work. <br /><br />I have tried all others and the same problem. <br /><br />Got new batteries and no good, still the same problem. <br /><br />Am I doing something wrong? <br /><br />Can anybody with a similar experience help me? <br /><br />Thanks,</p>

<p>I've owned several FT-1 and FS-1 some years ago. They work better with AA battery holder and is an option over the AAA battery holder. Make sure all battery contacts are free of corrosion, and oils(not visible). You have to clean (12) sets of contacts (8) in the holder and (2) on top and (2) in the camera cavity where the holder goes. If using fresh batteries then does not cure the problem it needs repairs and frankly is not worth the expense. I have one FT-1 left and the gearbox is broken. Find a TC, TCX, or T seires and be done with the motorized Konicas.</p><div>00XgCE-301999584.thumb.jpg.4332d84cbcf68043518045be8f2ae809.jpg</div>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I've been able to fully revive several electronically marginal or completely dead FT-1's by cleaning the 3 flexible printed circuit connectors under the top cover and replacing the deteriorated compression pads in the clamps that hold the connectors together. It will take an hour or perhaps 2 to do the job, but if you're comfortable with this level of repair it's not too difficult. I've posted a set of photos with instructions at this site: <br>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15235665@N04/sets/72157623203627474/<br>

Good luck!</p>