Need Help Marketing Celebrity Portraits

dave_jacobs2

<p>Dave - you have been completely exposed as a liar and a faker. Please go away. So when exactly did you take those photos? How come there is no record of you at Getty? Honestly, I feel sorry for you in a weird way. It really must be sad to live such a pathetic existence that you are forced to attempt acceptance from complete strangers via means of blatant lies and a lousy attempt to present yourself as something you are certainly NOT. Dave, I am going to be the one to say it - you are a liar, pure, plain, and simple. Maybe one day you will find true identity and feel secure with yourself, and I hope so. It is not healthy to build an "online persona" based completely around Bovine Scatology. Seriously - sooner or later you are going to completely loose grip of reality if you do not reel yourself in now. </p>

<p>Patrick, let's not waste any more time with this person. He does not deserve it.</p>

<p>And seriously, IF the inflection was that the portraits in the Getty screenshot WERE Dave's, then you're most probably right...he is, unfortunately, a liar and not a very good one. ANY photographer who's ever SHOT anything can immediately see through...</p>

<p>Pity...who knows, maybe it'll take a lawsuit by one of the celebrities he's allegedly shot to wake him up...</p>

<p>marios, it wasn't enough that you fabricated information in your post, after i confronted you about it you repeated the same missinformation again, in the next post?...and now you dare to threaten me and then say what a friendly group photo net is?<br>

you and patrick are total morons, and i don't mean that in a rude way, get lost...<br>

you've already been reported.</p>

<p>lol. ok. Marios and I have actual real experience and knowledge to contribute....I will be happy to go away from a troll like yourself because like Marios stated "lets not waste any more time with this person. He does not deserve it". I was thinking the same thing. I am here to help people, educate, become educated, and contribute. I am sorry that it has devolved into this, but somehow I assume you had zero intention as to receiving an intelligent answer. All of your posts seem to be of this nature - ignorant questions posed by someone who knows absolutely nothing of what they are talking about seeking of a self important (ego boosting response to the lie) reply. Like if I were to go on the Ferrari Fans Website and ask "what kind of gas do I put in my Enzo?". Luckily I am not the one who has to live with it - but you are the one who has to look himself in the mirror.</p>

<p>thank you all for your assistance, name calling, slander and hate..<br>

fwiw, my contour page happens to be authentic and is posted on the net.<br>

favorite post:.. "Pnet is a friendly, collaborative place and everyone who answers does so purely out of interest and is always well meaning." quote, marios.<br>

i'm done reading the thread...i wish you all instant karma.</p>

<p>This is actually a pretty funny thread. I've been on PN for over a dozen years and I don't think I have ever seen such a terrible reaction to so much excellent advice.</p>

<p>To the PN regulars, kudos for giving very good advice to someone so completely unwilling to listen.</p>

<p>I always arrive after the party is over. Not having read the middle 80% of the thread may leave me at a disadvantage but in response to the original post:</p>

<p>It is not the agent or gallery owner who sells famous celebrity images it is either the renown of the photographer through a lifetime of photographic work i.e. Ritts, Weber, Avedon, Leibovitz- fame of the person for work in another medium (usually acting) who then puts out a book of images shooting their friends or people they're working with- or least common, fame of the subject, invariably dead, recent books of Monroe (the last shoot) and Elvis (early pre war career B&Ws) come to mind.</p>

<p>The prohibitive cost of high quality photobooks-exhibition prints too for that matter- often require a sponsor/charitable cause to be involved. I have found books from a pro photographer to likely be in line with couture collections from fashion designers, i.e. more for support/ servicing of the brand than for outright profit. </p>