Battery Holder for SQ Ai

LenMarriott

<p>I feel for you, Len. I came close to losing the holder on mine a few times when the battery compartment door would pop open, spilling the holder and batteries on the ground. The only suggestion I have is to watch eBay and KEH to see if a holder comes up. I'd also try calling KEH directly to see if they can help. Bronica really compromised the SQ-Ai when they switched to four button batteries and that flimsy battery holder. I finally gave up dealing with all the battery problems and bought an SQ-B body, which uses a standard 6 volt battery.</p>

<p>I've never had problems with the battery door being flimsy or bursting open unexpectedly. But then I do keep a Speedgrip and QR plate on the camera which would make that difficult. </p>

<p>For the OP, the battery holder is a component not an accessory. I'm not sure I've seen one for sale- though it isn't the sort of thing you look for till you need it. My suggestion is to contact repairers , though they may be reluctant to sell a dwinding stock of components they might need for a repair. Alternatively buy a scrap grade body and use it as a source of components. </p>

<p>A solution may be in the offing. Stay tuned for an update on my success or (shudder) failure. I usually have tape over the battery access door but forgot to replace it last time I changed the batteries. It's usually no biggie as I seldom have the camera out of the house, except last Wed. :-( And now, since Bronica went out of business a while back, we don't even have the satisfaction of boycotting them in favour of some other camera system. No payback! Bummer! Never fear though, I'll NEVER lose another battery holder. Tape is the solution. Thanks to all for the sympathetic ear. Best, LM.</p>

<p>Jeff, I did contact Koh's camera prior to your post & though they didn't have what I needed they were very polite & helpful, suggesting that perhaps Tamron USA would have the part I needed. This proved to be the case and a very helpful lady at Tamron's parts department by the name of Kimie found the part & shipped it to me the next day. I am now 'back on line', as they say, with my Bronica SQ Ai. Thanks to all concerned and to all who assisted. If Koh's Camera would go the extra mile to help when there was no (immediate) profit for them I would have no hesitation in recommending them to others nor any hesitation in placing them on my short list if I ever need their services. Same goes for Tamron. Customer SERVICE! These guys understand the meaning. I'll beat the drum for them now in appreciation and hopefully reward them with increased business. Best, LM.</p>