Best Third party battery producer.

HK71

<p>Hi Guys;<br>

Anybody knows the best reliable third party battery producer-brand for Canon EOS digital bodies in terms of quality and durability? Original batteries of high-end EOS bodies are really expensive. One of my friend's company plans to purchase in huge volumes and he asked me for a favour for him to search about the issue.<br>

If you have experiences with a specified battery brand on the long run, please share, will be appreciated.<br>

Thanks in advance;<br>

Hakan Karademir</p>

<p>On the other hand, my Sterlingtek batteries didn't last as long as the Canon ones. They started losing capacity about 6 months after I bought them. Same with the third party ones I tried soon after I bought my first digital years ago. Now, I only use Canon batteries, and replace them after 3 years.</p>

<p>I can only speak of Sterlingtek's BP-511 batteries, but in my 20D and 40D I have never noticed a problem. I shoot with a battery grip and almost never run down a pair of batteries in a day of shooting - Canon or Sterlingtek - so I might not have noticed if the non-OEM batteries had less capacity.</p>

<p>I've had no problems with the Sterlingtek BP-511 batteries I bought.</p>

<p>If you want a few extra sets, I'd rather pay 6 * 12 = $72 than 6 * 45 = $270. That's more than a couple bucks.</p>

<p>On the other hand, I have had not such a good experience with 3rd party LP-E4 batteries. I'll stick with the genuine Canon ones, even at $100 a piece.</p>

<p>Eric</p>

<p>I have used and been happy with Opteka batteries for my T1i using a battery grip. I get about 800 shot per charge. They are about $12 each.<br /> As for voiding the warranty, even if it were true (which it isn't), how would they know you used an off brand battery?</p>

<blockquote>

<p> have heard a lot of horror stories about non-Canon batteries</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Without some sort of data, it's just "stories," i.e., hearsay, and means nothing. Because there are just as many, if not more, stories posted here about people who have used third party batteries without problems. I have a half dozen third party 511 equivalents, not one has failed. Some were as cheap as $6. Of course this is no more valuable than "stories," but that's the point.</p>