Question on underwater video

cole_paquette

<p>Just discovered all the seals in my still underwater camera were rotted away, and I recently acquired a cheap film video camera, which was fun.<br>

now, what will I need for simple underwater videos?<br>

camera, lights, housing, etc, but is there something simpler?<br>

I saw the fuji marine camera, super 8mm, but If it is true that fuji has abandoned their super 8 cartridges, then that isn't so great.<br>

I did find a non-film (magnetic media) camera, case, recorder, etc that can record about 1 to 1.5 hours of stuff.<br>

I understand that a lot of in-between work would need to be done to turn a mag. tape into an editable film.<br>

What should I do? I have no idea where to go or what to do, all I know is I want to take a camera underwater and make videos.<br>

and I would prefer the run costs of the camera to be affordable. so please, no camera that is $1.99 but uses color 8x10 film at 1000fps. :)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>someone has a camera and case I was looking at, they want about $250 for it, but it is an older professional level betamax camera, recorder, and case.<br>

my question is if that is, considering everything it comes with, a reasonable price for a used unit?<br>

the case is good for 40 meters, and is the Sony model #60</p>