Blank Roll of Film

<p>So I shot with a roll of black and white film, illford hp5 I think its called and the other is a t max 100 film<br>

both were test rolls to see if my cameras were working. I have shot with the illford hp5 before with a school rental camera and processed it myself in our photo lab and came out fine. But when I took the second illford film to target to see if my mom's old nikon fg was working it came out blank. The lady told me that I might have put in the roll of film wrong, but I also asked if it was the type of film I was using and she said no. Same thing happened to my t max film that I shot with my Nikon N65 it was blank as well<br>

now my question is, does Target use a different kind of developing process? Did I put my film in wrong or my cameras are broken? (shutters work fine by the way)</p>

<p>Target should replace your film. It seems they didn't notice the roll did not say to process in C41. All films designed for C41 or the Fuji equivalent do have C41 printed on the film cartridge. </p>

<p>There are black and white dye coupled films they can process in C41, both Ilford and Kodak make them.</p>

<p>yeah. target should replace my film... haha well i'm just glad that its the developing process and not the cameras that have the defect. Which I should go and tell them that.. just so if there are other customers who do the same thing i did.<br>

but thank you all for the information :]</p>

<p>If you want to test these cameras and don't have a darkroom where you can develop B&W yourself, the most practical thing is pickup whatever color print film you like, shoot it and take it back to wherever you like to have your film processed. C-41 is about the only kind of processing you're going to find outside of a camera store or real photo lab.</p>