10 days in December for landscape photography - where would you go?

bastian_bauwens1

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>Currently on a long trip through the United States, I am going to have two weeks in December available for visiting another area in the United States for landscape photography. I will have already seen Oregon, Washington, Yellowstone/Grand Teton, Yosemite, Alaska, and the Southwest (mainly Utah and Arizona) by then.<br>

So the question is: Where would you go? If you were in my shoes, where would you spend these days? I will have to be in Denver at the end, but flying somewhere (e.g., Florida) is not a problem.</p>

<p>Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

Bastian</p>

<p>Bastian you realize there are so many places to choose from, its overwhelming. But we are talking December; north shore in Minnesota? Beautiful. Big Bend in Texas? Spectacular! Florida, let's see. Sanibel Island (Ding Darling for mangroves, gulf side for oddles of shell-covered beaches, St Joesph Pen State park for magnificent bay or beach shots, Dry Tortugas, the Keys, the Everglades. If you do go to Florida it is a surprisingly long state. Distances between these locations are quite far apart.</p>

<p>-Hawaii<br>

-The Big Bend/Davis Mountains/Guadalupe Mountains/Carlsbad Caverns area in Texas and New Mexico (some snow and ice in the higher elevations, and cold nights)<br>

-If you're willing to brave bad weather, the coast of Maine<br>

-Death Valley, Owens Valley, and Mono Lake, California, the latter two with with spectacular views of the Sierra Nevada. The location in the lee of the Sierra Nevada means that even if a storm front passes through, often the area remains dry and you may have amazing lenticular clouds overhead. Higher elevations will have snow and ice on the ground and may be quite cold, and even lower elevations will be chilly at night.<br>

-The Everglades and the Florida Keys<br>

I hope you get some great shots!</p>

<p>Wow! Fun discussion topic. I'm a fan of Peter Lik's landscape photography and he has some great shots on his website <a href="http://www.peterlik.com">www.peterlik.com</a> that might give you inspiration. His one shot "Solace" would be a possible idea for photography locations on the coast of California. You could also check out Antelope Canyon where he took a lot of great photographs that have made him famous and in those locations it doesn't necessarily matter what month you shoot in because you can get great shots that don't scream "December". Good Luck!</p><div>00XLj6-283699584.jpg.e3d9b04e3fbb0961f02cd84df2de5cfd.jpg</div>