50mm 1.8 series e lens on a f100

lisa_lowden

<p>yes how would i get this combo to work together? and what about the green part on the non locking aperture ring? and do i use the a and/or m mode on the camera or use the green mode on the aperture ring while the f100 is set in p mode. i am at a loss and dont want to waste a roll of film to find out what to do. thanks for any input. lisa</p>

<p>I used one for years...it works fine. Your manual shows what features are compatible. You can't use program mode, so you'll have to shoot in either aperture priority (my usual choice) or manual. The green focus confirm dot works fine (I never use it, but some people count on it). Basically it just works like the millions of vintage cameras and lenses...., set the shutter speed on your camera, aperture on the lens, and manually focus...as simple as that.</p>

<p>I've used the 50mm and 100mm Series E lenses on my F100. They work as well as any other AIS primes, with the caveats already mentioned. The 50mm E is very, very similar to the late-model 50mm 1.8 AIS Nikkor. Just put the camera in A mode and take care with the focus and you'll do fine.</p>

<p>The 50mm f/1.8 Series E is a fine lens. It was not constructed to the same rugged standards as were the AIS's because it was more of a "consumer grade" lens but it is still a very compact, sharp and contrasty lens. It was only single coated but that was perfectly acceptable for that lens. You of course will be limited to aperture priority and manual but that should not be much of an issue.</p>