FLEX BODY CP

rashed_s

<p>All my literature is packed away in a container on a dock in Thailand, but from memory, the 60mm F3.5 offers considerably more than any of the other wide angles. Then again, one of the best employments of the FlexBody I have seen to date was with a 50mm, using mostly tilt, to bring in magnificent detail in the foreground of a landscape. It was featured in Forum shortly after the product release. Quite often, just a little of either tilt or shift is all that is required to give an image that winning edge.<br>

Of all the other lenses, the 100 is better than the 80mm Planar in terms of room to move, around 10 or 11mm I think, and the 120mm even better. The data on each was provided for infinity. The image circle increases with extension. Therefor, with table-top photography there is more room to move than with subjects at infinity.<br>

No doubt someone will provide something more specific than what my recollections can offer.<br>

They were a luxurious accessory to the Hasselbad system. Had they been able to price them better, their sales would have been much stronger. It's all about 'economy of scale' , and I guess there were simply not enough produced to bring the price within the reach of more. I don't know, just speculating.<br>

For the same fist of dollars, one could get a fully specified technical camera. This was even more so with the ArcBody. Beautifully built, both of them. But the ArcBody? For heaven's sake! I 'd rather chuck in the extra few bucks and go home with a Linhof Technikardan 6x9. So be it. (Sorry, I have wandered off-topic ... )</p>