Pellix / FD lens compatability

steve_kennedy3

<p>Finally got a Pellix (purchased, not yet delivered.) YIPPEE!! Waited far too long. Even though I have 7 FL lenses I still wish occasionlly to use FDs on with this body. Searching the responses on this site I find Gordon Yee said, in response to a question on lens compatability "<em>any</em> Canon FD will work on <em>any</em> Canon FL body." So, I should therefore assume that the Manual Diaphram Adapter will clear the pellical mirror?? Must be lots of room in there. P.S. The archives schooled me fairly well about this body. Thank, all.</p>

<p>There's no need to use a Manual Diaphragm Adapter when using FD lenses on a Pellix or any other Canon FL body. The diaphragm mechanisms on FL, FD and FDn bodies and lenses are functionally identical. As a result, the adapter would not allow you to mount an FD lens because it would interfere with the aperture mechanism on the Pellix or any other FL body.</p>

<p>The only Canon FL/FD lens I'm aware of that will not work on the Pellix is the non-retrofocus FL 19mmf/3.5. This lens can only be mounted on a camera after the mirror has been locked in the up position.</p>