what is the ONE lens you can't live without at a wedding?

brittany_r._dunks

<p>In 40 years of shooting, I've only owned one lens that I ever considered indispensable:<br>

24-105 F4L<br>

I use it on a 5D Mark II that I shoot at 3200 iso and get spectacular photos with it.<br>

I have other lenses that get the job done, but if I had to run for my life and grab one, that would be it.</p>

<p>h</p>

<p>haha. If someone would like to donate a prize to the cause, I will certainly allow you to win it!<br>

I have a 5d and 5d mark ii and use the 24-70 2.8L and 70-200 2.8 probably just as much as one another. I have a 50mm 1.8 prime and a 30mm 1.4 (for when I had my 40d) but I want to add some more primes into the mix.<br>

I think I am going to get the 85/1.8 and maybe the 135/2.0, or maybe a macro too.</p>

OK Brittany,

If the event is close to the studio I use a rented 1200mm Canon lens, climb to the roof of my building and shoot the whole wedding from there, providing it's an outside wedding. Roof top weddings are cool because I can order pizza, have a few beers with some friends! :}

Anyway, I have a mess of lenses, primes to zooms ranging from a fish eye to 400mm's. The lens that gets the most use is the 24-105 Canon. I'm using full frame bodies.

Everyone seems to worry about primes being much sharper than zooms, which is perhaps true, but I'm not after that look. In fact for close up work I use a "Softar 1," filter to dull the imperfections of people. I've tried several filters through the years but I find the Softar 1 meets my needs.

I think Nadine uses this filter too.

Off the subject a bit, when editing my images in photoshop RAW I change the contrast setting from plus 25, the default setting, to minus 6. I change other setting as well, but thats the main one. Minus 6 really softens the images, which looks more like film. A forgiving feel. I'm sure many people will disagree with me. I've shot weddings since the late 1980's and I used a Softar filter way back then. Hasselblad lenses were simply too sharp. Primes are too sharp. This filter takes that hard look off faces. The cool part of this Softar filter is the images don't have that out of focus look.

Anyway I hope I win something!!!