Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #2

joshroot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Since I am primarily shooting storms, and the second half of August there were none, here is one of August 12th. It shows the rear side of a thunderstorm in the distance over Barcelona, with fog developing over the hills after the rain. The village in the foreground is El Pont de Vilomara.<br>

EOS 5D, Tamron 90mm, 3.2 seconds, f/4, ISO 400<br>

<a title="20100812_71 by lightningwizard, on Flickr" href=" 20100812_71 src="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4913569478_a00b119afc_z.jpg" alt="20100812_71" width="640" height="427" /></a></p>

<blockquote>

<p>Jeff, is Roller Derby making yet another comeback? Always enjoyed the Bay Area Bombers.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It seems to be doing OK. There's two different types, banked track and flat track. I only shoot banked track, it's a lot faster. The white and orange uniforms in the photo are Bombers.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>(I would only add please keep your images within 700 px limit -- esp. the <strong>too big verticals</strong> posted already)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Sorry Ken, i'm sure i'm one of the posters who you indicate, however , as the moderator(Josh) indicates, the 700 px is on the wide side...and under 300 kb.<br />maybe we should have the moderator amend or clarify the requirements?</p>

<p>While nobody should consider themselves "in trouble" for not doing so, 700 should really be on the long side as well, it keeps the images all roughly the same size which makes for easier viewing. I'll make an adjustment to the guidelines and perhaps to the forum software also</p>

<p>Popped open a bottle of 1957 Beaujolais a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say it was undrinkable so I had to do something with the bottle, like take a photograph. 40D, EF-s 17-85 IS @ 47mm, 1/60s, f/5.6, ISO800, PS4:</p><div>00XCuH-276179584.jpg.bdc3f509b31270806a8cf0a0cfc47204.jpg</div>