Camera Gear on a Motorbike

gerfoy3

<p>Anyone riding a motorbike and carrying gear? If so what are you using.<br>

I'm riding a Ninja 600 07 model and I'm just carrying a large bag on my back but I really don't like it...It pulls on my back, pushes up into my helmet and if I ever came off...I'd think it would be bye bye..<br>

I'm carrying a fair bit of kit and was thinking of soft panniers but have read about vibration etc so maybe not.<br>

Is there a decent tank bag out there or something?<br>

And is the vibration thing something I should be concerned about?<br>

Thanks..</p>

<p>I ride an older 900cc BMW (1976) and carry gear in a tank bag. I have a layer of foam in the bottom of the tank bag, and the gear is kept in a camera bag (in the tank bag) so I can just pull it out and carry it around where ever I get to. While it would be better for the gear to just sit at home on the floor rather than being subjected to the vibrations on a motorcyle, you can't worry about such things because life is meant to be lived!</p>

<p>Try the adventure rider forum, particularly 'Road Warriors'. There should be a lot of information available on particular tank bag options. "A fair bit of kit" on your back sounds like a bad idea. Hard panniers would also protect anything expensive if it should tip over etc. and a tripod bag can buckle across the back seat, attaching to the pannier handles and so on. I think if you are using quality gear then vibration would not be a problem and people have stored their cameras under the car seat and driven some bad roads before now.<br>

All the best<br>

Jon</p>

<p>It depends on how big your gear is. I recently sold my Suzuki Katana. I had Cortech saddle bags that I really liked. They had twin zippers on the top of each bag, and I could carry equipment that was too big to fit in the bag, like a tripod. I don't personally care for tank bags, but I know a lot of people who like them. I could also install and remove the Cortech's in about 3 minutes, converting my bike from touring to sport mode very quickly.</p>

<p>Guys thanks all for your comments. I will let you know how I go..Sports Bikes are great to ride but difficult to carry gear around on..I have not looked in detail at the Adventure Rider forum but it looks an interesting place..</p>