Redneck Wedding

fortunato_uno

<p>Since it's at bride's home, use some natural props that they will appreciate later for some fun pics. What are their hobbies, what do they do for work etc? Tractor, guns, haybales, tall corn in the garden, etc?</p>

<p>I shot some pics at a friends wedding years ago, his Italian family from Chicago came out...on the way from the church to the reception at a park, I stopped at Kmart and bought a couple of toy long guns. One was a tommy gun. The BW pics I took of him and his brother and dad he loved. they look like they sterotypical mobsters in the pics. His dad died shortly after that. In real life one is accountand and one is doctor, so they loved this. Just sayin'</p>

<p>I guess I"m not that offended by redneck depending on how it's used, as i am a country person grew up in the sticks. It's unfortunate though how one sided the Pc arguments are.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Should I focus on the standard images (rings, cake, walking the isle ect, ect..) Or should I go more for the candid/documentry shots?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Do both. And I don't care what kind of wedding it is, put everything you have into it. Make them feel like they are getting a $5,000 wedding shoot. In a hundred years when their off-spring are having their family reunion they'll say "Dang, Great Grama and Great Grandpappy sure nuff had themselves a great pitcher taker!" </p>

<p>Try doing a Biker Wedding sometime..</p>

<p>Each client is important irrespective of whether you are doing it for your portfolio or not, whether you are getting paid to do it or not. You have been trusted enough to take photos of a couple's special day and you accepted the responsibility. So, why are you feeling/saying that you are more concerned with your portfolio than with the B&G? That kind of attitude would not take you far in life let alone wedding photography. Please do the best job you are capable of doing or let somebody else take over.<br>

Aside from the obviously misplaced priorities, here's my take on your post and I will point out the glaring spellling/grammatical errors. Some of them could be construed as typographical errors but the rest are certainly wrong.</p>

<ul>

<li>oppertuniy - OPPORTUNITY</li>

<li>brides - BRIDE'S</li>

<li>derogitory - DEROGATORY</li>

<li>then for the B&G - THAN for the B&G</li>

<li>ect - ETC.</li>

<li>documentry -DOCUMENTARY</li>

<li>walking the isle - walking the AISLE</li>

</ul>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>You certainly do not need to make any distinction between candid and standard shots. Any good wedding photographer can take some time to make standard group shots of the wedding party in several configurations (bride/groom, b/g with bridal party, b/g with bride's family, b/g with groom's family, wedding cake, cake cutting, etc) while also shooting the events in documentary or any other style. I'd get 'em all.</p>

<p>And I'd ask the bride and groom special shots they want, special groupings, etc. If you make a nuisance of yourself, the message will get out, but if you go out of your way to do a great job for these folks, that word will get out too. Which of these two words do you think will be better for your business?</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. I certainly do respect all the statements made, to include the grammer lessons. Amoungst all the comments are truly some insightful points. If I do decide to do the shoot, or if the B&G can afford the $150.oo I am asking , I will share what I get. I'll even put one in the critque section so as to learn even more from a crowd I respect enough. that I joined the sight. I knew there would be blood in the water on my first post. It's ok I'm niether thin skinned or thick headed.<br>

A Side note to W.T. it's used as Webster would.<br>

Thanks again, Jamie.</p>