NESOP Workshops

donnadesimone

<p>I am thinking of taking a NESOP workshop this fall and am trying to decide between Photographing People with Dana Smith and Creative Lighting with Steve Ostrowski. I am looking for feedback on either of these workshops/instructors. My primary area of interest is portraits and am looking to sharpen my skills in that area. Thanks for your input!</p>

<p>Well, I cannot comment directly on these workshops as I haven't taken them (though I have taken a couple of Photoshop workshops from NESOP), but I've heard that Steve Ostrowski is really good. At least that's what I heard from a fellow workshop student. Steve is also co-author of a book, <em>Speedlights and Speedlites</em>, that I picked up recently. It deals mostly with off-camera flash techniques....so if that's an area of interest you it may be a worthwhile course.</p>

<p>That may not help much, but it's all the information I can offer. Good luck!</p>

<p>I taught at NESOP, know and have worked with Steve and know that he specializes mainly in small flash set-ups on and off camera. If your're looking for portrait training with studio type lighting, I'm not sure he's the one to take, unless you'll be doing lighting with primarily small flash units.</p>