My New Website

williamsquire

<p>Hello!<br>

I have just published to the web my new website showcasing my portfolio! Please visit it and let me know what you think.</p>

<p>The site is fully Flash enabled and has full screen image viewing when you click the selected image! It still needs fine tuning but this is the website.<br /> Thanks!<br>

www.wsquiresphotography.com<br>

<br /> Billy Squire</p>

I love that opening image. It's really good on a lot of different levels. Unfortunately, I didn't find much

in the site that lived up to its promise. This may not be because of the images though; the design of the

site, which makes it hard to look at an entire image all at once, prevents the user from really appreciating

your work. Every image I clicked on appeared in this smaller mask that clipped the image, which floated

around as I moused over it. It's kind of clever, but it interferes with looking at your work. I understand that

I can click on the little icon in the lower left, but why make it so hard on your users, especially if your

stated goal is to make the industry more accessible to the consumer? I've got a big monitor, yet I get this

little image floating around in a small box. The basic emotion I came away with was frustration.

Personally, I would re-edit your copy too. Sentences without verbs like the last one in the first paragraph

of your 'about' page are a little too informal for the context of the site in my opinion. Also, there seems to

be a lot of lorem ipsum text in your captions, but I assume that's on the list of todos.

<p>This is quite typical of some Flash developers - they lose sight of the purpose of the website and try to impress with the technicalities rather than the subject matter (sorry Billy, if you designed and created it).<br>

There is plenty of room on most monitors to see the whole image without that horrible scrolling thing.<br>

It is very easy to pre-load images in a gallery so they are immediately available when I click between images. I sometimes think the 'loading' animation before showing the image is just for show. Is that the case? It just frustrates most viewers.<br>

Sorry it's not positive, but I have this thing about Flash, especially bearing in mind that it is not very SEO friendly and you won't easily be found by the search engines. Click on 'View > Page Source' (or similar) in your browser and see what Google will read when they attempt to index your page.<br>

Add a meta-description to your page - this will help a bit.</p>

<p>UPDATE: In the source code the floating can be disabled. Even with the boarders the image is easily viewed but the floating still happens. So I will adjust the images to fit and disable floating but you will still be able to click image to view full-screen.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. And yes the lorum ipsum is on the do-to. I can disable that button until I an ready to use it. I want to link it to google maps to show where image was taken.</p>