Something happened to my Tiff - Please help!

<p>Hello everyone! Had something weird happen to one of my files and I need to resolve this ASAP. Anyway, here goes. I was working in Photoshop (CS3) on a file for a client. I was working on a TIFF and had masked out the subject (a lady) to do corrections on the background. When finished, I copied the file, and saved the original I was working on - no compression, no merge visible layers, no flatten. The version I copied, I merged visible layers and flattened and saved. I left Photoshop open to go back and work on an alternate version of the shot. Right before I got ready to do the work the electricity went out. My battery backup did not work (for whatever reason) and the computer shut off. I lost the open file, however I had the two finished versions - the flattened one and the original - both saved as Tiff's. As I was about to email the Tiff to the client I noticed something wierd when I went to attach the file - only the masked out bit was showing (the lady). When I went to the folder where they were being saved, the thumbnail (on a MAC) shows the whole pic. When opened up with Preview, (or any other program) all that shows is the masked lady against a background of grey/white squares. Yet when opened in Photoshop the whole file is there. I again copied the file in Photoshop, flattened, etc, and saved the file again. Same thing. When opened in Preview, lightroom, etc, all I get is a masked photo. What is going on and how do I fix this? Thanks in advance!</p>