Brownie Six-20 Browine Junior

<p>I've had this Brownie sitting on a shelf for several years and decided to clean it up and run a roll through it. I respooled some Fuji Neopan Across 100 onto a 620 spool and went to town. From what I find on the interweb, this model was manufactured from '34 -'42. This paricular model was the Six-20 Brownie Junior with mention, apparently meaning that they spelled out the name around the meniscus lens <a href="http://vieilalbum.com/Six20BrownieJuniorUS.htm">http://vieilalbum.com/Six20BrownieJuniorUS.htm</a> . I wonder if they had to stop production because the sheet metal in the face and the frame of the film carrier was needed for the war effort. Just speculation of course. <br>

Here is the camera:</p><div>00X4UV-268941584.thumb.jpg.3035d7f805e41820228e5e2a564a9c3a.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks Lauren, she's six years old and you can't take a camera near her or she's posing and saying: take a picture of me. The funny part is she always wants to run over and see the picture right away, I don't think she quite understands what film is yet. I am working on that though.</p>

<p>Excellent post, Tom. This is my favourite Brownie, and there's one on permanent display on a dresser here, along with a Kodak Jiffy folder which has a very similar Art Deco treatment. It a period of art and decoration I love for its exuberance and extravagance. I had been considering running a film through mine, but I think you've saved me the trouble! Perhaps the Jiffy, instead. You're lucky with your resident model; my equivalents have grown to an age where they're not nearly so obliging!</p>

Great Post.. I liked what JDM said.. this is what it's about. I cleaned up a Brownie Hawkeye after shooting some film that was so soft from accumulated haze. I will now shoot the Tri-X I have in 620. You've inspired me! My little models went the way of Ricks... hard to coax them into it. Indeed that my little model will be something to bring out on her sixteenth B-day!

I've got that Art-Deco Jiffy too but mine is full of bellows holes. I've got a box Argus 40 with a broken shutter anybody ever repair one of these with a guitar string?!? That's my plan

<p>Back to basics , eh, Tom ? Kind of liberating experience not having to worry about shutter speeds, f/stops, and such. <br>

I can see your granddaughter on the other side of the camera, too. If she's ready now ( or in a year or two), you guys can teram up with a bunch of Brownies and have a fun afternoon photo shoot in a garden, zoo, or playground. <br>

Your post had me eye-ing our shelf-warmers. One of our Six-Sixteen Deco boxes might be dusted off soon. The other 620 Brownies have very dim or desilvered viewfinders, as does the tiny Brownie 120 box. <br>

There's a nice little article in my February 1948 issue of The Camera magazine. The article Artistic Photography With A Box Camera basically states that a seasoned photographer, and those afflicted with technical overindulgence, should take a breather and spin a few rolls through the "lowly" Brownie and concentrate on exploring the photographic subject on the compositional level alone. Sound advice in my book.</p>