I need this proofread.

<p>From a U.S. perspective, it resembles a poorly drafted comprehensive contract in that it says almost nothing about the terms of the shoot but happens to have glaring model release language as its first paragraph. Usually a model release is a stand alone document or contract or its part of a broader contract. Hopefully a photo shoot contract that isn't as wanting as this one.</p>

<p>Hi John,<br>

Ok I'm not gonna lie, but I'm slightly confused. Are you saying that 2 should be different? a services and its terms contract and a model release? I though putting 2 in one would save the hassle. Any suggestions of how I should go about this? I actually found a sample of very similar contract, I believe from here but not sure now. </p>

<p>I agree with John - this is more like a photography services contract with a model release section stuck in the front.<br>

There also seems to be a contradiction in the intent here. Normally if you are a model who is providing the service to a photographer so that the photographer can sell your image for a profit, you could expect to be compensated for this (could be cash or could be copies of the images etc). In you contract it casts the model as the client, i.e. they are paying you for your photo services. Normally in this case it would be up to the client to decide what is done with the images, e.g. they might decide they would be used for their next advertising campaign etc. In which case they might want to restrict the use of the images by the photographer, at least for some time period. This would all be reflected in the photographer's fee.<br>

In your case it seems you are a portrait photographer that not only wants to charge your clients (models) for taking their photos, but you also want to be able to use those photos for *any* purpose: </p>

<blockquote>

<p>in any medium, throughout the world, without any restrictionwhatsoever as to the nature of the use or publication</p>

</blockquote>

<p>It seems a bit one-sided. As a client I would never sign such a contract. As a photographer getting paid to take someone's photo, I might tone down the use just to my own promotional gallery etc, but definitely not being able to sell for further profit.<br>

As far as model releases go, I had my model release drafted up by a law firm here in the UK - it basically sets out any compensation made to the model and the extent and/or limits on the use of the photographs (website, full library, advertising etc, but never *anything* with no restrictions!), whether the model can be named, their contact details, and asks them to sign to the fact they won't be entitled to further payment in respect of commercial use etc.<br>

As far as proof reading goes I could not see any glaring typos or spelling mistakes, but I think you really wanted the document critiqued from a legal perspective ;), so really you need to get a lawyer ;0</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Are you saying that 2 should be different? a services and its terms contract and a model release?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I made a typographical error in my post. I meant to say that, in the U.S., model releases are either a stand alone document which can be a contract all by itself or the release is contained in a broader contract that addresses other issues as well. I don't have any suggestions as to which is better for you because I don't have enough information on what you are trying to accomplish and because I am not familiar with the law concerning model releases in your country. Its obvious, however, that the document you linked concerns more than a model release. Its also an extremely vague document. Since you didn't seem to recognize that, you probably won't be able to know if anything you are told here is actually helpful or accurate. I suggest following Rob's advice in the last sentence in his post.</p>

<p>It sounds like you want an all-inclusive contract/release agreement that you can use all the time for every occasion. Unfortunately that's just not feasable. Each situation is going to be different and will require different documents depending on what you're doing.</p>

<p>For example, just taking photos of a model for a portfolio will differ depending on who's hiring who and what portfolio it's going to. If a model hires you to take pics for her port, you'll need a photo license form that enables you to keep copyrights of the images but gives the model permission to use the pics however they need to. If you hire a model to take pics of for your own port, then you'll need a model release signed by the model allowing you permission to do what you need with the pics.</p>

<p>Those are two different documents and that's not even getting into property releases or any actual contracts for regular paying clients, which could also differ depending on if it's a family portrait or a business hiring you for a commercial project. And then there's weddings, which are a whole other animal all together.</p>

<p>Having just one all-inclusive document is just asking for trouble. Just set up a couple of different documents that you'll be needing that you can print off seperately as you need them, and like mentioned get a laywer to look over them or even draft them up for you.</p>

<p>Good morning, Thank you All for your comments. See, this is why i love this forum so much, because I nearly took it to my solicitor, but now my problems have been narrowed down and i can clearly see what you are all talking about. What i'm going to do is get myslef the book, read more on this matter, put a draft together and then take it to have it reviewed. You are very clever guys and thanks for your help. <br>

Best of luck to everyone<br>

cheerio<br>

marta</p>