Unusual Rollei original camera

j_muro

<p>Hi Rollei experts,<br /> I just got this Rollei original camera and I cannot figure out if it is a special model, a prototype, or some sort of adaptation that someone made to the camera. Please look at the pictures and notice the top right corner, it has what looks like a flash connector, right?<br /> Also, there is some sort of connector on the bottom left, right below the lens, not sure what this is.<br /> Can anyone tell me if this is original, and if it is a special feature of this model, or maybe some adaptation, even though it looks too clean to be an adaptation.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>From the serial number, etc., this looks to be a late model Rolleiflex I (original). If it is it may take 117 film, unless modified to take 120, as some were.</p>

<p>A flash pin was a common addition to many older cameras, and probably has nothing to do with the original model type. I am sure someone who really knows this stuff will chime in here, but this is a nice camera -- the flash connection may actually lower its collector value. Again, the experts will tell us.<br /> To make it a little easier for someone who does know older Rollei models here are the pictures reduced in size to fit and slightly enhanced in PS.</p><div>00X3Ov-268249684.thumb.jpg.6c728fd0731e9dff76e54907eee3f0a2.jpg</div>

<p>Serial number chart taken from Ian Parker's Rollei Guide book, your camera is 1930 model K1 611/612 with non factory synchronization installed by independent repair facility. Filter size is28.5mm push-on. Check on two features: strap lugs cast are early, formed brass are a bit later. Early back has no hinge, falls in your hand, later model has hinge. By the way 117 film is short roll, small spool ends, wooden shaft. It is impossible to use 120 spools, you cannot close the door. You can however use 620 spools. I've seen reference to 120 spooled film use, NOT POSSIBLE! I hope this information helps. By the way, my camera took beautiful color photos, uncoated lens causes soft blending of the colors not possible with newer coated optics by Zeiss.</p>

<p>Thank You Paul!<br>

Now I know what I have. I have a question for you: I was thinking about replacing the leather, but I am afraid that that may reduce its value, then again I have no idea of the actual value because I did not find anything similar on ebay. So, the question is whether is a good idea to replace the leather.<br>

Thanks again</p>

<p>Hello from France,</p>

<p>This original seems old. How is the mirror ? If the mirror is original, there is a date written on the back (like 04/29 for instance). It's an old model sure with this serial number.<br>

Note you need 24 mm filters (push on), not 28,5 mm as the Parker tells.<br>

You can use 120 roll film by cutting with a pair of scissors the 2 plastic ears of the roll.</p>