Used 5d body for only (sic) $2,500 - Act Now!

<p>How can these hucksters (an actual store called PCMonde, with an address and phone number, etc. ) get away with this? Unbelievable.</p>

<p><strong><a href="http://pcmonde.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5&product_id=3345">5d link</a></strong></p>

<p>I just saw a used 5d at B&H, 8 or 9/10 condition, for $950</p>

<p><strong>Is that not enough of a ripoff for you?</strong> Here's a used 40D, yes, 40d - as in $600 on Craiglist, for only... $3,000! But it comes with a "Standard Zoom Lens"</p>

<p><strong><a href="http://pcmonde.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1047&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=20943&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=15">40d link</a></strong></p>

<p>Stunning</p>

<p>Check out Amazon prices for used books. I have seen the same condition book be $20 and $200 on the same page. My brother works with a guy who sometimes has that $200 book and he sells them, some people think price has meaning in these things.</p>

<p>Just like trading stocks in the afterhours. A $100 stock, for instance, might have a lingering bid at $.01 and a lingering ask at $2000. Every once in a blue moon, someone will execute a market order in the afterhours (market = whatever the prevailing price is), and someone else will pick up a $100 stock for a penny or sell a $100 stock for a couple grand.</p>

<p>Wanna buy a gently used 40D for only half of that new price? I'll even dig out my old 28-135 to go with it. :-)</p>

<p>On rare occasions, it's not so much a scam as it is a combination of cupidity and stupidity.<br>

Yes, on books, I have seen the same book in roughly the same condition used for sale on Amazon for $2.50 and for over $1,000. Somebody was convinced they'd found a rare book (It was <em>A Day in the Life of the USA</em>), and they had heard about rare books going for thousands of dollars, I suppose.</p>

<p>Can't say I'm a big fan of ripoff artists Bill, and saying "what, you don't like free trade?" is like saying "what, you don't like sugar?" Sure, it's great, except for the cavities and diabetes and obesity and deforestation and the poor souls that cut the cane in sweltering heat making $5 a day while getting bitten by poisonous snakes.</p>

<p>Well, we're off-topic now... so yeah, we eat too much meat, too much sugar, too much white bread. Funny how people will spend $$$ on cars, photographic equipment etc. but skimp on food (even though healthy food is not more expensive anyway). Imagine having the best lenses money can buy and yet feeding yourself junk not fit for starving animals.</p>

<p>And funny how everyone wants good stuff for nothing, and at the same time they think their stuff (e.g. <em>A Day in the Life</em>) is worth a mint. I know a guy who thought he found a fragment of a Michelangelo painting. Sadly, he was mistaken. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW, RIGHT?</p>

<p>Well, used cameras aren't a regulated market and a seller is free to offer a camera at whatever price he wants to, and you're free to not buy it. The sellers who have customers will be the ones who are offering at reasonable prices. It works out in the end.</p>