Just Recieved a Busch Pressman Model D Camera

alaine_mangabay

<p>Hi,<br>

So I was just given a Busch Pressman Model D field camera. I have the film and holders and all that. But I have never really worked with a rangefinder before, I know what they are and how they work. I guess I was just looking for some tips on how to get the best images with a rangefinder. I am used to using a ground glass to compose my images. Also, I am unsure as to how to get the camera to come out, or to get the bellows to extend some more. I can't seem to find the right button to knob to push to get them to extend. The sales lady pushed something to get it back in the case to close it, but I didn't get a chance to see what she did exactly. Any advice you could give me on this camera would be great! Thanks!</p>

<p>At the bottom of the front standard, in the center, under the lens, will be a lever that will move from one side to the other with the center the unlock position and left or right the lock position, <strong>or</strong> a pair of finger tip size rings or plates either side of center that when squeezed together toward center will release the front standard, release the rings to lock the standard.<br>

<a href="http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/instructionmanuals.html">http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/instructionmanuals.html</a> shows a free downloadable instruction manual but I cannot access it with IE8.</p>

<p>I accessed the manual with Chrome. IE is blocking pop ups. <br>

The Pressman has finger plates close to the outer edges of the bottom of the front standard, squeeze them together, hold and slide the front standard to the desired position, then release.<br>

I can send you the zip file via email if needed, use the site email member feature.</p>