HELP! file recovery only gives me TIF

j_traveller

<p>Hi,<br>

I took photos on July 9, and thought that I had backed them up on my hard drive, but didn't. Then I reformatted the card and took pics on it on July 16. I used Photosrecovery last night and was able to recover a lot of the photos. However, I took them in RAW format (.CR2), but the images show up as TIF. A few of the TIF files open in Photoshop, but a lot of them don't. It gives me a message saying that ' Could not open this TIF because of some compression' (Sorry I can't remember the exact message).</p>

<p>So my question is how can I open all the TIF files? How can I get my RAW files back (and not TIf)? Any help would be much appreciated! It's a CF card (San Disk Extreme 3).</p>

<p>Thanks you,<br>

Jen</p>

Okay I was not aware that there was recovery software if images have mis deleted from a cf card. Can someone PLEASE direct me to where I can find software like this? Also I have used my cf card since accidently deleting these images I have not reformatted. Is there hope for these lost photos?

<p>[[Also I have used my cf card since accidently deleting these images I have not reformatted. Is there hope for these lost photos]]</p>

<p>It depends on where the images were stored that you want to recover and where the new images were written. If you've filled the card then you'll not be able to recover any of the previous images.</p>

<p>There are many image recovery software solutions out there. Most have free-to-try-pay-to-recover methods of operating. </p>

<p>Google can provide a comprehensive list or search the archives here for recommended selections. I use what Sandisk provided free with my Extreme III CF card(s).</p>

<p>Clark - i think it depends how many times you deleted the card - for example - I have used this card for years and takens 1000's of photos with it, however the recovery only gave me the current photos I took on that card, plus photos from previous days shoot (that I had deleted by formatting the card). It didn't go back and get me years worth of photos.<br>

So if you're looking for your last shoot or the shoot before then it might still be on the card. I downloaded Photorecovery (photosrecovery.com). I also read some people had success with CardRecovery.com. If it's a Sandisk card they also have free recovery tool that came with it. Good luck! I'm still in the process of getting my images back - I got a good chunck of them back, but still missing lots. Hope it works out for me. Just google - memory card recovery and you'll find loads of info and products. </p>

<p>[[will the rest show up when i pay for the software?]]</p>

<p>That depends entirely on how the software was written. The photorecovery website claims that the only restrictions on files is the actual recovery, not the thumbnail view.</p>