tripoid head

eduardo_barrento

<p>I started making videos with Canon 7D and use a Manfrotto tripod with head for photography. This is not the best because, when tightening or loosening the knobs causes vibration in the camera. What video head don you use?<br /><br />And what software for editing videos?<br>

<br />Thanks</p>

<p>It generally isn't necessary to tighten or loosen knobs while shooting. In my experience, most shots in video are locked down -- you line up the shot and tighen whatever needs to be tightened before you begin to shoot. For shots where you are panning or tilting, you do those with knobs loose, but still enough drag that the camera holds steady at the beginning and end of the move, especially if you keep your hand on the camera or tripod arm to hold it steady.</p>

<p>It generally isn't necessary to tighten or loosen knobs while shooting. In my experience, most shots in video are locked down -- you line up the shot and tighen whatever needs to be tightened before you begin to shoot. For shots where you are panning or tilting, you do those with knobs loose, but still enough drag that the camera holds steady at the beginning and end of the move, especially if you keep your hand on the camera or tripod arm to hold it steady.</p>

• 2 months later...

<p>I have an older manfrotto fluid head I can use, but for most shots I am locked down so it doesn't matter. <br>

If you need to do pans or tilts you can leave a 2-way or 3-way head a little use and add a stick to the main handle to make the move smoother with a long lever.<br>

I use the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum- around $100, and think it has a lot of depth- the best on the PC platform if you ask me. There is a problem with the registry when installing on XP but they have a fix for it.<br>

If you are Mac, Final Cut Express would be a good starting point, as Final Cut is the standard in Mac- big time TV and some movies use it.</p>