Glenmont, Rolleiflex 3.5E and PANF.

<p>What a coincidence, Raymond ! I was supposed to head to the Oranges with my Rolleiflex and Pan F this afternoon, too.... LOL<br>

I read online about the last ever Mass at First Presby in Orange today. I wanted to snap a few shots of the cemetery there and talk to the locals. Then I was going to head out to South Mountain to cool off and pick some wild edibles.<br>

Alas, I was confronted with a Honey-Do list and was grounded. I did manage to recalibrate the RF on my Crown Graphic, soup some film, make a homemade pizza, and polish the hardwood floors listening to Ventures LPs on the Hi-Fi.<br>

====<br>

A bit of a hazey day in Lllewellyn Park, eh ?<br>

From the looks of the landscape shots it seems you got away with f/4 or 5.6 range, yes, Raymond? Outstanding performance and super nice results with this camera/film combo.</p>

<p>I wish I was there today instead of doing house chores. Is the mansion open during the summer ? Last time I was there a bunch of Edison's W.O. plants had been razed. What remains of the factory site ?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm envious. I've always wanted to visit Glenmont and take some photos. Great job with nice tones. I once read Edison's biography. Very interesting, if not lengthy book, but I learned a lot about him. With Edison's development of motion pictures it's very appropriate to feature his estate in classic b/w photos. Thanks for posting.</p>

<p>Thanks Gabor. Some of the Edison battery factory buildings are still there. However, they are fenced in and there is a big hole in the ground where some were demolished. The laboratory buildings are open to the public, as well as Glenmont.<br>

Thanks Mike, you can visit Glenmont June 9, 2010 through September 5, 2010 and it is open Wednesday through Sunday. You need to go to the Laboratory visitor center to get passes. The charge is $7 for a seven day pass to both the Labs and Glenmont.</p>

<p>Glenmont is a great place to shoot. I shot the interior a few weeks ago with my Nikon F4, 24mm f/2 and some high speed film. I went back with the Rolleiflex to get some exterior shots with a slower film. I am waiting for the some Portra shots to be processed from the Rolleiflex and will post them as soon as I get them scanned. The meter still works on the Rollei, which is neat for a late 1950s vintage camera.</p>