Mount Exakta preset lens on Canon New F-1

paul_harris16

<p>I am pretty sure Canon made an adapter for Exakta mount lenses. I have the adapters for Nikon, M42 and Leica 39mm buit not the Exakta one. If you don't need infinity focus then there are various adapter combinations which would work. The adapters do show up on eBay periodically. Which Zeiss lens are you trying to attach to the New F-1? </p>

<p>Someone in China is probably making these. There are certainly lots of M42 and Nikon adapters, but I don't see any on eBay right now for the FD mount. A preset shouldn't be a problem, but some of the adapters for EOS won't work with the Exakta automatic diaphragm models, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for FD.</p>

<p>you need Canon made adapter E, the Exakta lens is 44.7 registration and Canon FD is 42 so infinity is available. There is 2.7 millimeters of space to "cobble" something if you cannot locate the OEM made adapter. IMHO a reversing ring, female filter cap with center hole drilled out, and Exakta mounts attached all sandwiched not exceeding 2.7mm thickness may be the right "cobble". </p>

<p>Pacific Rim Camera in Salem Oregon has one listed in their on line catalog</p>

<p><strong>125095 </strong>CANON LENS MOUNT CONVERTER E TO USE EXAKTA LENSES OF FD/FL BODIES, IN WELL WORN BOX, EX <strong>$175.00 </strong><br>

I have done business with these guys and recomend them.<br>

<a href="http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/">http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/</a></p>

<p>Oh, I forgot. I haven't seen the Canon E converter, but I would bet money that it only adapts Exakta lenses that use the inner mount for normal lenses. I have never seen any Exakta adapter for any target mount that will allow use of the long telephotos like the 400mm Telemeagor which use the later added external bayonet.</p>