Arista EDU Ultra B&W iso 100 Sheet Film

wmwhee

<p>Would those of you who have used this film recently please comment on its quality? In the past, I have used Ilford fp4 and hp5 sheet film. How does Arista EDU Ultra film compare in image quality to Ilford film? The price of Arista film is certainly right. Thanks. Bill</p>

<p>Can't say that I've used it in sheet sizes. I have used and continue to use it in 120 roll film and miniature formats. I'm happy with it. Can't complain about emulsion defects or anything like that. Goes well in Rodinal, D-76, or XTOL. Pick your poison. Give it a shot. A box of 25 sheets won't cost you that much and you may be pleasantly surprised.</p>

<p>Arista EDU Ultra, aka Fomapan 100 is their best film.<br>

Apart from some quality issues in the past it's a good film. Indeed recommendable in Rodinal, D-76, Xtol and AM74/RHS.<br>

It's available in 135-36, 30,5m/100ft, 120 roll film and different sheet film sizes. USA prices are very low, Germany/Holland rather low and strange enough in the Czech Republic itself it's not the cheapest film.</p>

<p>Thanks for your responses. I would like to purchase film for an old 8x10 camera, which is why I am looking for an affordable alternative to Ilford film (which I know and like). The difference in cost between Arista and Ilford 8x10 film is about a dollar a sheet. Because I enjoy using the camera, I am shooting paper negatives in the meantime. Any other users of Arista EDU Ultra film out there? Bill</p>

<p>Oops! I just checked and the 3x4 I've been using is Efke 100 not Foma 100. The 4x5 is the Foma 100. For what it's worth, the Efke 100 stuff is also rather nice sheet film. The only complaints I could have against that film is the soft emulsion, but with a hardening fixer I've not had issues with it.</p>