75mm 1.4 Summilux ( a few images with it)

<p>Hi Michael,<br>

Thanks for posting one of your images that was taken with such a lens. As others have said, when this lens is well focused and with a RF that is well alligned for this lens, the results can be excellent.<br>

I do not own any ASPH lens, but from images that I have inspected, it appears to me that ASPH lenses tend to have a harsher looking OOF than the corresponding non-Asph lens. There usually is a price for getting critical sharpness across the lens. I am using a non-asph 35mm Lux, and I like it a lot.</p>

<p>Your pix are nice but i prefer more sharpness. i know it's the very limited depth of field. my pal Larry has the 90mm Summicron and similar results happen,plus many(in my case) are out of focus. Truthfully i prefer my Super Takumar 85mm f1.9. It's easier to see the possible flare(seldom) and still work hard to get same out of focus pix! Thanks for your samples.Enjoy the lens. Hi speed lenses are special and when they do the writing you want, nothing comes close.</p>

<p>Hi Raid, you'll enjoy this lens a lot, the most common adjustments I make if the subject is still is I will bracket focus for example, first shot on eye, then 2nd on tip of nose, 3rd on ear, all at 1.4.</p>

<p>Other times I will take the same shot (if possible) at 1.4 1.7 and 2.0, The 1.4 will have the most glow, but sometimes the 1.7 and 2.0 will be the keeper by getting more in focus, and having a bit more contrast.</p>

<p>I also have a vintage Canon 85mm/1.5 that is very heavy and that has an interesting looking bokeh. I will compare it to the much costlier Lux.<br>

The 75/1.4 seems to have a very shallow DOF area when used wide open. Focus on or eye lids or ears or nose ... etc. The results will differ.</p>