Hasselblad 500 C/M Back

jermaine_scott

<p>Yes, any A12 magazine will fit your 500cm no matter what the trim on it looks like. Of course they only made chrome and black so there you go.</p>

<p>The older magazines are many times listed as A12 though they are actually called the C12 magazine which came out with the 500c bodies from 1955 to 1968 and are more time consuming to work with for most people.</p>

<p>You'll do well to try and find the newest one you can get for the money unless you find a nice older mint one. Check the serial number and check it against the code:<br>

V=1<br>

H=2<br>

P=3<br>

I=4<br>

C=5<br>

T=6<br>

U=7<br>

R=8<br>

E=9<br>

S=0</p>

<p>So if the serial number is 72EH67734 the "EH" in the serial number shows it to be a 1992 manufacture date. If you already knew this....then perhaps it will help someone else who didn't know it.</p>

<p>Ask the seller when the last time the seals were changed in it and ask if after inserting the insert and cranking to "1" does it actually stop at 1. If it does not then it needs service.</p>

<p>Also, ask if it has a matching insert. Better to have though a mismatch will work.</p>

<p>Mr. Hasselblad was a clever man in his dating system of VHPICTURES. The VH stands for Victor Hasselblad, but you probably knew that already. What I did was to create a little table in MS Word with VHPICTURES in the top row, and the corresponding digits in the lower row. It comes in handy when you need a little cheat sheet.</p>

<p>Jermaine, While I have both chrome and black bodies, I use chrome for B&W shots and black backs for color film (you could logically reverse their roles). I like being able to narrow down the type of film I'm using, in that manner.</p>