Product photography

<p>I'm not sure is this is the right place ti ask, but I'll try<br>

I have to make some photos for a company that makes home appliance products.<br>

The product shoots has to be high end photos, on a white background, for print catalog, web and advertising ousage.<br>

I was searching through web sites of companies for home appliances and I find some strange things:<br>

example:<br>

http://www.gorenje.com.mk/imagelib/products-magnified/7d6ac92f97bbda054267e8ad7ac3c490__0.jpg<br>

1. Is there some small light that can be hidden behind product in the refrigerator?<br>

if yes witch ones?<br>

2. how I can make light bi so identical from top till the floor at the product, if I use an light witch is camera left up ?<br>

or I have to use strip lights? <br>

3. How to light the white background if the product is white and reflective?<br>

or I have to make the isolation in post :( ?</p>

<p>Is there any tips and tricks about using lights, modifiers or something else that u can tell me?<br>

Thanx a lot</p>

<p>The problem is that the product are in the company where I have to make the shooting<br>

There is a room where I can set my "studio" where I can make the shooting.</p>

<p>That refrigerator looks like a fluorescent tube was put in inside, hidden along the left side, or it may have been a feature of the fridge.</p>

<p>You need a couple of large (60-72 inch) strip boxes, one on each side of the fridge, positioned so the reflections don't show on the shiny parts.</p>

<p>If you are going to light the background separately, a couple more lights, one on each side should do it, but you'll need 8 feet or more between the fridge and the background to get it even enough and to keep the fridge shadows off the b/g.</p>

<p>This photo has no clues at to how the b/g was lit because it has been cut from the b/g and pasted onto the white.</p>

<p>In general, for stuff like this, you need light sources that are as large, or larger than, the object you're lighting so there is no fall off at top and bottom.</p>

<p>This kind of photography is all about controlling the light, shadow, and reflection. To learn more about how to do that, read the book "Light - Science & Magic" before buying a bunch of equipment.</p>

<p><Chas><br /><br /></p>

<p>I saw a studio setup years ago in which the art director's design required removal the back of a stove in order to better-light a food product in the oven. Large format, studio strobes... <br>

If you're not able to remove the back from the refrigerator you might hide several cheapie flashes equipped with peanut slaves ...</p>

<p>Check out...<br>

<a href="http://strobist.blogspot.com/">http://strobist.blogspot.com/</a></p>

<p>Whether there are any specific ideas there to help you, it's a great place to study small, portable strobe lighting. You'll learn many on-location tricks/methods that will help you to set up at your client's place of business.</p>

<p>You also might try posing the question to the lighting board of PN.</p>