Cannot download images

thomas_breazeale1

For the last three days I have been experiancing downloading problems

with most images on this site.When clicking on to top rated photos or

folders I can get text but no images.Once in a while I can download

but it only last a few minutes.Is this a server problem or a web page

problem?Once in a while by clicking on the small image icon that will

download but never the medium or large.

I'm getting tons of reports on this. I can't reproduce it with my browser, but I suspect it is the same Photoshop 7 problem that we had before. Could someone who has this problem please make careful note of the circumstances that trigger it?

The last time we had this, it was basically one image in the "Top Photos" that was triggering the problem for most people. I found it by noticing which image was getting stuck in my IE6. The status line of the browser hung on "Downloading blah blah". So if somebody could let me know that they first hit the problem on the 21..40 Page of Average Rating for the Week, etc, that would be a big help.

I experienced my first problem in downloading on 1 October

2002. The image in question is the current POW, "Fire." I couldn't

pull the large version. After multiple attempts I gave up, settled

for the medium which downloaded easy enough. I'm on a Mac,

IE 5. something.

I have had problems for 2-3 days now on the top-rated images page. Only the images already in my local cache seem to display, but the browser doesn't seem to be timing out - it acts "done" with the page. Clicking any images results in a non-downloaded image as well. Refresh gives me all broken images on the top-rated page. Other pages, other images seem to work just fine.

<p>

My machine is a windows XP machine running the latest patches and updates, IE 6.0 with 128 bit encryption etc. No other sites are causing this problem for me.

This is disturbing. I'm convinced now that after going to the top-rated photo page, getting stuck and moving on, other sites begin to exhibit the same problem for me. This happened 2 days ago and I reinstalled IE thinking I had a problem there, but now I'm back again. Is there any chance that the script driving this page is making some setting changes to IE?

It is a known problem. Some PS 7 images break your browser, and other applications also. Once the browser is broken, you have to restart it, and if you won't be able to download images from photo.net or any other site. You see this mostly on photo.net because other sites have control of what images they display.

Please just tell me which images they are. I can't find them myself, because all my browsers work fine. To be able to be able to block or repair these images, I need to know which ones they are, so I can determine a pattern. All I know right now is that they are PS 7 images.