5D shows focus point on LCD - can Lightroom or PS?

oofoto

<p>My 5D I shows the focus point location when reviewing the shot with info as a red box. Can I see this focus point after transfering the shots out of the camera? It's pretty handy info to have.<br>

I only shoot RAW.</p>

<p>Yep, you can see the active AF point in several common programs: Aperture 3, DPP and ImageBrowser. I don't find it very useful unless writing a camera review and need a screen grab.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<blockquote>

<p>... handy as a tool for troubleshooting supposed "AF problems".</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I remember being gently reminded in these forums that seeing that red spot could be very misleading if there was any degree of 'focus and recompose' used.<br>

See: <a href="http://blog.duncandavidson.com/2008/09/focus-and-recompose-exposed.html">Focus and Recompose Exposed.</a></p>

<p> </p>

<p>That's certainly true, Mike - and even without focus/recompose being part of the deal, when the 7D was first released and there was much bleating about its "poor" AF on the likes of DPR (and here to an extent) it was often very easy (and fun!) to show that a given image was OOF, not because of a problem with the camera, but because the AF point wasn't where the user had thought it would be.</p>