Glowing white - Nikon F3 and 24mm Nikkor

<p >As promised earlier in the “what are you shooting this week-end” thread I’m posting few shots that I got right with my Nikon F3 + Nikkor 24mm/ F2.8 combination. Oh, I added a Tiffen Red filter to make the subject stand out.</p>

<p >I went to shoot few farms in my neighbourhood that so far resisted the expansion of the city. I wonder for how long. I resent the disappearance of farms as a way of living.</p>

<p >What I saw and tried to bring into the picture is the white color of the silo and roofs that was kind of glowing in the morning sun.</p>

<p >On the same film (Kodak Plus X 125 – developed in D-76) I had couple of shots taken at the U of T campus in Toronto couple of weeks ago. I hope you like it.</p>

<p > </p>

<div>00WZ7S-247837684.jpg.468597e0495bef05faa9291f17e6c7e4.jpg</div>

<p>I really must dust off the red filter...Nice work, Mihai, the drama the filter adds to the photographs is quite spectacular. Once, a range of filters was part of every photographers kit; I used a light yellow filter permanently mounted on my wider lens, the way most photographers now use a UV, and you certainly wouldn't have ventured into the realms of landscape photography without a yellow, orange, red and possibly green. When colour photography became the norm the old filter kits languished in the drawer, though polarizing filters gained popularity. I like your architectural shots very much and, as Chuck observed, Plus X and D76 is about as retro as one can get!</p>