a return to film!

<blockquote>

<p>I now tend to edit before I shoot, thinking whether a banal shot is really worth the effort. That discipline is tough to maintain with digital<em>.<br /></em></p>

</blockquote>

<p><em>Russ has it right.</em><br>

<em>Its human nature to waste more when you feel like you have an unlimited supply of something. If you know you can shoot 500 digital images vs 10 shots in a medium format camera, you're most likely going to make those 10 shots count and you're most likely going to shoot a lot more with the 500 that you probably aren't going to keep.</em></p>

<p> I shoot film and digital. For myself I tend to shoot carefully with film. Film is expensive and I do not want to waste to many frames. However I do shoot digital and I do not feel the necessity to conserve money so I do shoot more liberally if I feel that I may get the shot I am hoping for. As far as the camera's go they are not terribly different in that regard. A N80 which can shoot up a roll pretty fast and a D200 which can burn up some pixels a little faster. For myself I do not really feel I snag a higher percentage of acceptable pictures with one camera over the other. I just recently decided to use film for B/W only and digi for color stuff. It solves some problems for me when looking into the camera bag. Instead of film vs digi it is now resolved to color vs B/W. </p>